We hope that you and your family are all keeping safe, well and active. We are so pleased and excited to announce we are finally able to reopen on the 25 July 2020.
As mentioned to you in our previous email we have been arranging for all relevant procedures to be put in place to ensure a safe, hygienic space for our members to workout in. We know how important it is to have the correct, strict cleaning protocols in place and we will be using viricidal products that kill enveloped viruses, such as Covid-19 in 60 seconds. We are also ensuring social distancing measures are achievable.
We can confirm we are arranging for all relevant procedures as required under the Government Guidelines and are following the industry body UKActive to enable an opening plan which follows strict safety guidelines to be put in place for reopening of the Gym.
For your information please see below our procedures we will ensure are in place when we reopen:-
- Public Health England (PHE) or equivalent posters will be on display informing customers and staﬀ of social distancing and cleanliness/hygiene protocols throughout the facility.
- We will commit to the wellbeing of our staﬀ and members, and if they show/have any signs of COVID-19 (temperature, cough and diﬃculty breathing), they will be sent home to follow Government regulations.
- We will comply with any health designation documentation that the Government implements.
- Hand wipes/sanitisers will be on oﬀer (or people will be directed to where they can clean their hands).
- We will ensure that social distancing is adhered to, further criteria is below for certain areas.
- Face masks will not be mandatory for staﬀ, unless their role requires this.
- It is down to the individual member to take reasonable personal responsibility when taking part in physical activity.
- We will maintain a commitment to the Equality Act 2010 and legal obligations to ensure that the decisions made in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) do not discriminate against customers or staﬀ with protected characteristics.
- We will employ one-way people ﬂow systems to reduce congregation in any area of the facility where possible.
- Non-members, will have to book and provide us with their contact details which will be retained for 21 days (in-line with GDPR legislation).
- Markings will be put around machines or workout benches to denote social distance areas where appropriate.
- We continue rigorous cleaning procedures.
- If there is a COVID-19 case in the facility, we will follow the PHE Guidance while cleaning all areas of the facility.
- Staﬀ will carry out regular cleaning of high-contact touch points throughout the premises.
- Changing Rooms/Showers/Toilets
- We will promote that members should arrive in their gym wear as the changing facilities will remain closed until further notice
- Extra care/signposting will be provided to maintain social distancing when in these areas.
- Lockers will remain in use, as long as social distancing can be maintained.
- Spray and cloths will be available for members to use for touch points.
- Only equipment that is spaced far enough apart to maintain social distancing will be used – for example this will be done via moving equipment or marking every other piece of equipment in the gym out of order.
- The upstairs gym area has now been utilised with equipment to enable us to have more space downstairs and to enable social distancing.
- Members should not be working out face to face only side to side and back to back. All our equipment has been moved to ensure this
- Touch points of equipment should be cleaned after use – this can be done either by the member or staﬀ using spray and cloths provided. This is in addition to the cleaning schedule.
- Extra signage regarding social distancing will be in place around the free-weights area.
- Members will have to book all their gym sessions via their teamup account. These will be 50 minute sessions to allow 10 minutes change over and cleaning so no waiting around in groups.
- You will be requested to complete a weekly COVID-19 health screening via your teamup account when booking onto gym sessions.
- Access to the gym will be via the front door and members leaving the gym will need to leave via the back door.
Studio & Classes
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed. With regard to this all class numbers will be reduced to ensure your safety.
- There will be a minimum of a 10-minute window in between classes, so no ‘waiting around’ in groups.
- Equipment (including mats etc) will be cleaned in between use. This can either be done by the member or staﬀ member using spray and cloths provided.
- No equipment will be shared during the classes.
- Markings will be made on the ﬂoor to show the area for individuals.
- Access to the studio will be made via the front door and members leaving will leave via the back door (when possible)
- We now have a new spin studio at the back of our studio. We will ensure all bikes are cleaned prior to the start of their class. Members and staff must ensure the spin bikes are cleaned at the end of the class.
- With regard to the earphones for our spin classes we have always maintained a cleaning regime but we have ordered hygiene wraps for the earphones. If any member would like to order their own headphones please contact us and we can arrange for these to be ordered for you.
- When booking onto classes via your teamup account you will have to complete weekly COVID-19 health screening.
- Members should not be working out face to face only side to side and back to back.
- We will still be continuing with our online and live classes for those of you who prefer to work at home and if you are unable to attend a class.
- We will be reviewing our timetable weekly in order for us to accommodate our members where additional classes will be added if required.
- Outdoor Fitness
- Social distancing and cleanliness will be promoted by the instructor(s) at the beginning and throughout classes.
- Group classes will be organised in a series of formations to comply with social distancing, with appropriate spacing between participants monitored by the instructor throughout the class.
- Nothing will be passed to/from the instructor to the member – including personal items, water bottles, bibs etc.
- Customers should not cluster in groups before/after sessions.
- We will follow the HSE guidance.
- Although there may be
- heightened concerns around ﬁrst aid, this will continue as normal, with the following aspects to be used when needed: Gloves. Resus masks for emergency ﬁrst aid to be provided to all ﬁrst aiders. Face masks for general ﬁrst aid.
- The Resuscitation Council UK has provided speciﬁc guidance on CPR delivery.
- We will follow Government guidance for workplaces.
- Towels/’sweat towels’ will not be taken onto the gym ﬂoor/into the studio.
- Personal training sessions can continue as long as social distancing is in place.
- Card/contactless payment will be promoted.
- All our contractors must follow social distancing and cleanliness guidelines.
- As the Government as confirmed all gyms may now open if your membership has been frozen on the 25th July 2020 all our memberships will automatically be unfrozen. If you have you any questions regarding this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have cancelled your direct debit and are still in contract you will need to reinstate this immediately as you will be in default of your contract. If you are unable to do this via your bank please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you have cancelled your membership and would like to re-join please also contact us and we will provide you with details of our membership prices.
We hope this information is useful to you and look forward to seeing you once we are able to reopen on the 25th July 2020.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our members for their patience and support during this difficult time. We have missed you all dearly and are really looking forward to seeing you all.
Girls Allowed Gym